Saturday, April 4, 2015

Upcoming tournament and patch 0.2.4!

First off, I have something important to announce: There's a tournament at Café på Bit in Skellefteå on Sunday 12th. Be there! The winner will receive a 100 SEK Café på Bit prize card.
Show up early when they open and you'll be able to practice the game for free before the tournament starts! As the creator I won't be in the tournament, of course, but I'll be there!

Also, there's a new patch! I was supposed to release it Friday March 27th, but decided to postpone because of the lack of updates. Then I was supposed to release it Friday April 3rd, but hey -- I'm only a day late.

Next patch I'll try and make no changes to the gameplay, only cosmetic stuff and bugfixes (because of the tournament).
I'm currently working on an announcer to the game, so I'll try and have that ready.
I would love if there were a tutorial too -- not that it's the hardest game to get into, but some might
rather watch a video than get owned by someone until they understand how to play.
I want there to be an in-game tutorial, but I won't have time for that now. I'll see if I can record a YouTube tutorial for now.

Changelog:

- Added a "Match Set" function under Play > Match Set. Set your match sets to first to 3, first to 5 or first to 10.
- "Powerups" configuration has been moved to Play > Game Mode > Powerups. Text has been added in the menu that will say either "Default" or "Custom" depending on your configurations.
- Air Dash is now prioritized in collisions so it always wins (except against Burst).
- Air Dash now consumes ammo when the dash starts, instead of at the start-up animation.
- A grenade that is thrown into a Lightning powerup will now get ignited and do a bigger radius explosion.
- A laser beam that is shot into a Lightning powerup will now make the area electrified for a few seconds which will kill any player.
- A puck that is launched into a Lightning powerup will now start pulsating electric shocks above them that will kill any player.
- The counter that appears when you obtain powerups to tell you how much ammo you have now
appears when you use powerups as well.
- Spamming Burst on the same position now makes the recovery longer.
- Extended the active frames on charge laser so it's a bit harder to jump over.
- If you cancel charge laser you recover much faster now.
- Fixed platforms becoming immune to grenades.
- Fixed being able to shoot laser beam in the air after walking off a platform.
- Fixed charging a grenade throw and then taking Lightning powerup would make you throw a grenade once the electricity is gone.

PBA v0.2.4 Download

No comments:

Post a Comment